Confused on what to put on citation question on N-400.

Asked 3 months ago - Glen Allen, VA

I am applying for my citizenship based on 5 years GC. I am divorced which was painful, my ex filed protective order which was approved in Juvenile court and later dismissed in circuit court based on my appeal.
She also filed alimony case but based on "no show" case was dismissed.
Police came to our home couple of times when we ran into arguments but NEVER ARRESTED.
I have got traffic warnings PINK SLIPS.
I have got 1 traffic speeding ticket and 1 not wearing seat belt ticket.
Out of all these which one shout i put on Citation question 16 on N-400.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Hugo Raul Valverde


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It would be worth your time and money to consult with an immigration attorney. If you fail to disclose relevant information on the N-400, USCIS could say that you lack the good moral character necessary for naturalization.

    Hugo Valverde's response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Why don't you pay an attorney for a consultation?

    Review ALL police/court records with him/her.

    Even though things may have been dismissed, you may need to disclose them.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Morrie Pour Nourian

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Anything other than traffic violations must be stated.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Citizenship: How to become a US citizen

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Scott Thomas Helsper

Citizenship Through NaturalizationI

Naturalization is the process in which a person not born in the United States becomes a U.S. citizen. For more than 200 years, the United States has remained strong because of its citizens... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,484 answers this week

3,172 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,484 answers this week

3,172 attorneys answering