Confused on what to put on citation question on N-400.

Glen Allen, VA |

I am applying for my citizenship based on 5 years GC. I am divorced which was painful, my ex filed protective order which was approved in Juvenile court and later dismissed in circuit court based on my appeal.
She also filed alimony case but based on "no show" case was dismissed.
Police came to our home couple of times when we ran into arguments but NEVER ARRESTED.
I have got traffic warnings PINK SLIPS.
I have got 1 traffic speeding ticket and 1 not wearing seat belt ticket.
Out of all these which one shout i put on Citation question 16 on N-400.

Why don't you pay an attorney for a consultation?

Review ALL police/court records with him/her.

Even though things may have been dismissed, you may need to disclose them.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Anything other than traffic violations must be stated.

It would be worth your time and money to consult with an immigration attorney. If you fail to disclose relevant information on the N-400, USCIS could say that you lack the good moral character necessary for naturalization.

Hugo Valverde's response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Valverde's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not constitute legal advice.

Recommended articles about Immigration