Confused about where to file H1B petition.

Asked over 1 year ago - Colonia, NJ

Our office is in NJ, but the employee will only be working at client-site in Arizona. Which Service Center should we file his H1B papers, Vermont or California? We went to the USCIS website but we are not sure because it says file where the employee will be working if the employee will be working at MORE than 1 location. In our case he will only be working in 1 location and will not be working at our headquarters. Thank you!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Best Answer

Answered . Rules and regulations aside, from a practical point of view, given the CSC's abysmal record of case denials, anti small business mentality and its firmly entrenched "culture of NO", I would do anything in my power not to file the case in CA, but in Vermont instead.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

2

Answered . Actually, I agree completely with attorney Behar. I am sorry that this kind of politics finds its way into case adjudication, but calling things by their name is morally admirable and professionally correct thing to do. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that if you do file in Vermont the case will not be eventually transfered to CSC.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . "Client site"????? I hear warning bells already. This appears to be a job-shop vendor-client type of relationship.

They are highly suspect in the eyes of Immigration.

Don't file any papers without hiring a very experienced immigration attorney.