Confused about I-601 and the I-601A

Asked about 1 year ago - Hartford, CT

I know that with the I-601 you have to leave the country then apply, does the the I-601A enable you to waiting in the United States while it's being consider for approval?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

1

Answered . Yes

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

7

1

Answered . Yes. Be VERY careful about what you do on your own with these waivers - they are very complicated and could affect your future in the U.S. once filed. Thus, do them with the help of a lawyer.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

6

1

Answered . These are very complex legal matters that you should not handle pro se. Retain a good immigration counsel.

4. J Charles Ferrari

6

1

Answered . Yes, but only if you qualify.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

5. Dean P Murray

6

1

Answered . Yes, but strongly consider using an immigration lawyer.

6. Meghann E Lafountain

4

Answered . Yes, you can stay in the U.S. while it is pending, but it is very difficult to satisfy the hardship requirement in this waiver and the current trend shows a number of denials. That makes it extremely important to work with an experienced immigration attorney so that the strongest possible filing is made. You will still have to leave the country to obtain your visa at the consulate, but the time spent abroad is considerably shorter than what you would have spent otherwise.

7. Stephen D. Berman

5

1

Answered . Yes.

8. Enrique Felix Mesa Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . The answer is yes, but once the I-601A is approved, the Applicant will need to leave the U.S. to continue processing this matter.
    Enrique Mesa, Esq, LawServe, 15 Stark Street, Manchester, NH 03101