Conditional Resident Card(valid) and I94 j1/ds (expired) still in my expired passaport?I will go 4 wks of international vacation

Asked over 1 year ago - Waldorf, MD

I have the conditional resident card valid( I am marriage with american citizen), and I will go a 4 weeks international trip(with my husband. I have my expired passport, with I94 - J1/ds-expired attached to my old passport(expired). What is the legal procedure to travel ? I need to return the I94 and show the old passport when I am leaving the country? Or I need only to show my new passport and the conditional greencard when I am leaving the country and returning back./f I dont return the I94, how I will prove when I left the country if the USCIS ask me?

1. Lisa A. Tehlirian

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . As a conditional permanent resident, you no longer require an I-94 card. For return travel to the U.S. you will need a valid passport and your unexpired permanent resident card.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Based on the question you ask and the emphasis you make in the question, it seems that you are profoundly confused about your immigration related issues. I suggest you schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney and clarify those once and for long.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You need the conditional resident card and a valid passport.