Conditional Green Card Holder & name change

Asked almost 3 years ago - Riverview, FL

Hi,
I'm a conditional green card holder & I want to take my husband's name, I know I have to change my driver's license / Social Security card and update my bank accounts, but I want to know if there's a way for me to change my last name on my green card as well?
I have to remove the conditions of my residence on 2013 but I don't want to wait until then to also change my name; also I have to renew my passport from my country of origin and I'm planning to have the name change; is it possible to have my name change before removing the conditions on my residency?? . Thanks for the help

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

22

1

Answered . You can change your name on your green card to your married name by submitting form I-90 to the USCIS.

2. C. C. Abbott

9

Best Answer

Answered . My colleagues are correct; you can file the I-90 and if you qualify you may also be able to fiel the I-912 waiver.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

8

1

Answered . You can file an I-90.

4. Eugene J. Glicksman

8

1

Answered . If you wish to change the name on your card now, you will have to file Form I-90 and pay the required fee of $450. It is probably easier (and cheaper) for you to wait until you apply to remove the conditions and indicate that you are taking your husband's name then.

Good luck!