Skip to main content

Conditional Green card expired 4 years ago, is it still possible to renew it? and i was staying outside the US all this time"

New Haven, CT |

conditional Green card through marriage

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You are no longer considered a green card resident, due to the fact that you did remove the condition on residence by timely filing a Form 1-751 petition, and also by virtue of now having remained abroad for so long.

Your spouse will need to petition and reapply for you all over again, and that's assuming you are still married to the same USC.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



so is there is anyway can let me enter the states again as i heard about the re-entry resident visa or so. plz assist


You still could be a permanent resident if USCIS has not terminated your status. Even if USCIS has terminated your status, you can still renew your I-751 if you can enter the U.S. You also have an abandonment of your permanent residence issue to be resolved.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.



so if u can get me back to US let me know so we can start the process as soon as possible.

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura


We need more facts of your case. You have to consult with an attorney.


You should consult an attorney

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer