Concurrent DUI suspensions

I lost my DMV hearing and the suspension begins on Feb 15. My next court date isn't until march though. Will I get credit beginning from Feb 15, or will I have to be suspended for an additional 6 months after pleading guilty in march?

San Mateo, CA -

John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Your attorney should be able to set it up so that if you plead the two suspensions run concurrently.

Chris J Feasel

Chris J Feasel

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer

Yes. In San Mateo at least it's common to get the court and DMV suspensions to run concurrent. Make sure your attorney asks for this though-its not always automatic.

John Naumovski

John Naumovski

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Hampton, VA

I agree with the above attorneys' advice

Michael J Silveira

Michael J Silveira

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

Don't forget to set up your SR-22 insurance, enroll in the first offender program, then get your restricted license asap. You will be able to obtain it after your 30-day "hard" suspension that resulted from the DMV APS hearing holding.

Related Advice