Concurrent DUI suspensions

San Mateo, CA |

I lost my DMV hearing and the suspension begins on Feb 15. My next court date isn't until march though. Will I get credit beginning from Feb 15, or will I have to be suspended for an additional 6 months after pleading guilty in march?

1. Your attorney should be able to set it up so that if you plead the two suspensions run concurrently.

2. Yes. In San Mateo at least it's common to get the court and DMV suspensions to run concurrent. Make sure your attorney asks for this though-its not always automatic.

Mr. Feasel is a former prosecutor in San Mateo County (CA) with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

3. I agree with the above attorneys' advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

4. Don't forget to set up your SR-22 insurance, enroll in the first offender program, then get your restricted license asap. You will be able to obtain it after your 30-day "hard" suspension that resulted from the DMV APS hearing holding.

DUI topics