Concerning a land contract, the person that was the seller, told me that he has sold his interest to an outside party.

Cincinnati, OH |

but told me that I still needed to make the payments to him. am thinking if you no longer have any interest in this land contract then why would I make a payment to him. So do I or don't I pay him. He mailed me a copy of some type of summary.

This seems a little suspicious. However, it would all depend upon the terms of the land contract, whether it has been assigned, and what are the terms of the assignment. Without knowing the contents of these documents, it is difficult to answer your question (although you did the right thing in not posting any specific information to this site). You should have a lawyer review these documents and the summary he sent you to make sure you are protected. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

No attorney-client relationship implied or accepted without a signed fee agreement. This response is theoretical only and for purposes of discussion. Attorney is not liable for any opinion expressed herein.

Recommended articles about Real estate