Concerned with the policy concerning cohabitation in Afghanistan Kandahar air field

Barstow, CA |
Filed under: Military law

Hallo,
I would like to ask you if you can help me and provide me advice and guides.
I am live and work in AIR base here in Afghanistan in Kandahar and I am concerned with the policy concerning cohabitation.
.
Please tell me if the 3ID GO dated from 19 Oct 2012 applies to government contractors here on Kandahar, or we now falls under new GO # 1 from 2013, 21 may., did new GO #1 from 2013 ,21 May supersedes old one GO # 1 from 19 Oct 2012.
I will appreciate your opinion and your help,we can’t afford lose our job over miss understanding .

1. I have broadened your posting to attorneys who respond to Avvo questions about cohabitation and military law. I don' t know if you have access to the JAG corps in your branch of the military, but the best answer will come from that group, if you can call or get a consultation from JAG.

Thank you for your service and be safe.

Robert Stempler (please see DISCLAIMER below)
    www.StopCollectionLawsuits.com
    www.facebook.com/SoCalConsumerLawyer
    Twitter: @RStempler

NOTICE: The above statements are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended as legal advice or advice of any sort for a specific case or legal matter. If you do not have a signed attorney-client fee agreement with the Consumer Law Office of Robert Stempler, APC ("the Firm"), then until such written fee agreement is provided and signed by both a prospective client and attorney for a particular case, neither Mr. Stempler nor the Firm will represent you nor will they be your attorney in any matter and you remain responsible for retaining your own attorney and for compliance with any and all deadlines and for any statutes of limitations that may pertain to potential claims. Comments made on a public forum, such as Avvo.com, to not have any confidentiality because others may read them. If you desire a private consultation with Mr. Stempler that is confidential, please go to www.StopCollectionLawsuits.com and submit a free eCase Review. The result portrayed for a client was dependent on the facts of that case. Results will differ if based on different facts. The Firm and Mr. Stempler are a debt relief agency. The Firm and Mr. Stempler help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

2. Check the language. Usually the GO supsedes prior GO's unless there is language in the beginning which says it's a supplement.
    Haven't seen the new GO yet (haven't had cases based on it yet). But in the past each has replaced and superseded the other.

www.court-martial.com; www.court-martial.us.com; mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Without seeing the two GO's, no way to know. But generally the new one supersedes the old one. Check with JAG to be sure.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

4. Check with 3ID GO JAG office, or even 3 ID admin office. Also, your company should be able to research that for you and allow you to stay focused on your task order duties---unless you are keeping the cohabitation matter off the corporate radar.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Military law topics