Concerned with the policy concerning cohabitation in Afghanistan Kandahar air field

Asked about 1 year ago - Barstow, CA

Hallo,
I would like to ask you if you can help me and provide me advice and guides.
I am live and work in AIR base here in Afghanistan in Kandahar and I am concerned with the policy concerning cohabitation.
.
Please tell me if the 3ID GO dated from 19 Oct 2012 applies to government contractors here on Kandahar, or we now falls under new GO # 1 from 2013, 21 may., did new GO #1 from 2013 ,21 May supersedes old one GO # 1 from 19 Oct 2012.
I will appreciate your opinion and your help,we can’t afford lose our job over miss understanding .

1. Robert Harlan Stempler

1

Answered . I have broadened your posting to attorneys who respond to Avvo questions about cohabitation and military law. I don' t know if you have access to the JAG corps in your branch of the military, but the best answer will come from that group, if you can call or get a consultation from JAG.

Thank you for your service and be safe.

Robert Stempler (please see DISCLAIMER below)
    www.StopCollectionLawsuits.com
    www.facebook.com/SoCalConsumerLawyer
    Twitter: @RStempler

2. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

2

Answered . Check the language. Usually the GO supsedes prior GO's unless there is language in the beginning which says it's a supplement.
    Haven't seen the new GO yet (haven't had cases based on it yet). But in the past each has replaced and superseded the other.

3. William Emil Cassara

Pro

2

Answered . Without seeing the two GO's, no way to know. But generally the new one supersedes the old one. Check with JAG to be sure.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Check with 3ID GO JAG office, or even 3 ID admin office. Also, your company should be able to research that for you and allow you to stay focused on your task order duties---unless you are keeping the cohabitation matter off the corporate radar.