Complications after mesh surgery 3 years ago? what should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Milford, NH

I had a surgery done. herniated umbilical cord. They put a mesh inside me in march 2010. I have been having problems ever since. I had the surgery done in florida. I just moved to new Hampshire.. Can I still have a lawsuit? And how would it be done since im not in florida any more.

1. Christopher Buck

3

Answered . You'll need to consult with a personal injury attorney. There are several with profiles here on Avvo. Speak to lawyers who primarily practice personal injury.

One concern is whether a statute of limitations has run, either in New Hampshire or Florida. Waiting a long time to file suit can sometimes be a hindrance, even if you can get in front of a judge or jury. Your attorney should address this in the consultation. Get a consultation immediately, because if the statute has not run, it may happen very soon.

2. David M. Gottesman

Pro

2

Answered . You should consult with a lawyer immediately. The case would most probably be based in Florida, if there is a medical malpractice case, but it could also be elsewhere if the case involved a defective product, such as the type of mesh that was used. A New Hampshire lawyer can review the matter and then refer you to an out of state lawyer, if necessary. There also may be statute of limitations issues, so time is of the essence.

3. Mickey David Larson

1

Answered . I agree with the previous posters: Contact a local medical malpractice / personal injury attorney. If the case is worth pursuing, they should be able to refer you to a reputable attorney in Florida for a consultation. I hope this helps. Take care.

4. David Brian Snyder

Pro

Answered . Vaginal mesh litigation is currently being pursued actively by many lawfirms. If you search Avvo.com, you should be able to find counsel nearby who will be able to assist you in determining whether or not you have a case. I wish you the best of luck.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    https://snyderlf.com/SyracuseMedical_Malpractic...
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.