Skip to main content

Complications after mesh surgery 3 years ago? what should I do?

Milford, NH |

I had a surgery done. herniated umbilical cord. They put a mesh inside me in march 2010. I have been having problems ever since. I had the surgery done in florida. I just moved to new Hampshire.. Can I still have a lawsuit? And how would it be done since im not in florida any more.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You'll need to consult with a personal injury attorney. There are several with profiles here on Avvo. Speak to lawyers who primarily practice personal injury.

One concern is whether a statute of limitations has run, either in New Hampshire or Florida. Waiting a long time to file suit can sometimes be a hindrance, even if you can get in front of a judge or jury. Your attorney should address this in the consultation. Get a consultation immediately, because if the statute has not run, it may happen very soon.

Good luck.

This is an advertisement for legal services. No commentary on this website is intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created by using this site. Readers are encouraged to call Attorney Buck for a FREE 30-minute consultation at 603-476-3261, or seek a referral to an attorney by contacting the NH Bar Association at Attorney Buck is online at


You should consult with a lawyer immediately. The case would most probably be based in Florida, if there is a medical malpractice case, but it could also be elsewhere if the case involved a defective product, such as the type of mesh that was used. A New Hampshire lawyer can review the matter and then refer you to an out of state lawyer, if necessary. There also may be statute of limitations issues, so time is of the essence.

DISCLAIMER: This does not constitute legal advice. By providing the requested information you are not entering into an attorney-client relationship with this law firm. Only a written retainer agreement between you and our law firm can create such a relationship. We are only licensed to practice in NH and Massachusetts.


I agree with the previous posters: Contact a local medical malpractice / personal injury attorney. If the case is worth pursuing, they should be able to refer you to a reputable attorney in Florida for a consultation. I hope this helps. Take care.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.


Vaginal mesh litigation is currently being pursued actively by many lawfirms. If you search, you should be able to find counsel nearby who will be able to assist you in determining whether or not you have a case. I wish you the best of luck.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
6876 Buckley Road
Syracuse, NY 13212
Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer