Complaint about guardian ad litem

Springfield, MA |

I have guardianship of my grandson and his mother wants more visits with him and i am contesting this so the courts appointed a guardian ad litem and he has not done any of the requirements that they are supposed to do he recommends that he feels my daughter is fine and should have unsupervised visits he has no idea where she lives what she goes through he is supposed to visit the homes and get an idea of what this child will be living in or what enviroment he will be in i want him removed and another one appointed my daughter is a drug user and will do whatever she needs to get what she wants and he feels bad for her so he just sides with her i need help how do i file a complaint

1. You have the right to challenge the recommendations of the GAL at trial or an evidentiary hearing.

If you have the resources you may wish to move the court to appoint a second GAL and cite as grounds for such the errors / omissions that you believe the first GAL committed and that you would fund this appointment - this is a costly option.

At the very least I suggest that you retain counsel to help advocate for your position.

I wish you all the best.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and have an office in Waltham. My practice is focused in the areas of family law, estate planning, probate, elder law, landlord-tenant and employment law. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. Please contact me with questions and concerns at: (T): 781-647-8100 (E): josh@ccrlawgroup.com I wish you all the best.

2. Attorney Robbins has offered excellent advice. I agree that you may want to hire an attorney who can help you through this process.

Melissa Levine
    Levine and Piro, Attorneys at Law
    63 Great Road, Suite 101
    Maynard, MA, 01754
    www.levinepirolaw.com

Melissa Levine is a licensed attorney in Massachusetts. All answers are based on Massachusetts law and should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by Attorney Levine answering your question. It is advisable to consult with an attorney about your personal legal concerns.

Child custody topics