Compensation rights: , I am being bullied in the workplace for being out sick.

Asked over 1 year ago - Nyack, NY

Unhealthy workspace...mold and dog lives on premises...Hard to breathe. I have been displaying medical symptoms due to mold. In addition, employer stopped paying medical benefits without duly notifying me. Dog is aggressive has drawn blood from me, bruised me, caused me to lose my balance and has torn my clothing to a point of a major unrepairable tare to my corduroy pants. I cannot work there anymore...need to ensure that I receive unemployment benefits etc...

1. Alix R. Rubin

4

Answered . It sounds like you have a workers' compensation claim. You should consult with an attorney who specializes in that area.

2. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

4

Answered . You can file a complaint with O.S.H.A. and you should also get a note from your doctor stating that you cannot return to work because mold is affecting your breathing and dog is affecting your mental health.

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

4

Answered . With a doctor's note, regarding the dog bites and the mold, you should be able to get unemployment benefits, but there are never any guarantees. Take photos of the mold if possible the dog. You may have a workers compensation claim. If possible file before you quit. Further, you may have a claim against the dog owner.

4. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . Best advice I could give you is to set up an appointment (usually free) with an employment rights attorney who can help ascertain your best course of action whether it be filing an OSHA complaint coupled with state unemployment claim complaint, etc.