Skip to main content

Company sponsored L1A Visa. Role scope has changed. if my employment is terminated will my company have to repatriate me?

Tampa, FL |

to avoid repatriation, can I apply for my green card with out my firm's sponsorship?

Attorney Answers 1


If your employment is terminated, your L1 Visa is automatically void. Your stay will be illegal. You have to 1) keep you job 2) your company sponsor you to apply for EB1 immigrant visa, 3) apply for adjustment of status.

If your employment is terminated, you have no base for step 2). Depending on your situations, there may be some other options for you to continue your stay.

Our firm specializes in Employment-based immigration. You are welcome to consult us.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics