Company getting closed in 3 months, how long I140 is valid and how can be transfer

Asked almost 3 years ago - Ellenwood, GA

I have already completed my 6 years in USA, My company had filed my labour , I-140 and and H1, I came to know that my company may closed down after 3 months so can i transfer My H1 to another Company (based on My OLD Company I-140) as it is still valid for three months and after My H1 transfer how fast do i need to transfer my I-140 from old to new company

1. C. C. Abbott

9

1

Best Answer

Answered . My colleagues are correct. This is a process that needs to be done with the guidance of the new company's attorney who would ahve to be able to hire a H1 employee.

2. Ilona Dzhamgarova

9

1

Answered . I would suggest you to contact with your new employer attorney who can guide through the process but you have to file for Perm and then when you will file for I 140 in cover page your employer's attorney should request to retain a priority date from your previous I 140

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

8

1

Answered . You should first speak to the attorney who handled your I-140 or the employers attorney. If your current company has no attorney then the new company that hires you should have an attorney to assist you.