Company did not dicipline an employee who phsyicaly assaulted me can i be forced to work with this man

Asked over 2 years ago - Mansfield, OH

saturday morning i was jumped and assaulted by a coworker away from cameras and wittnesses and left bleeding from the face for all who eventually came out to leave. i called the police and made a report still at work where it happened also pressed charges him . 12 hours later i showed up to find that my assailant will not be written up or fired and i was to play nice supervisor said i could loose my job if i dont drop the charges i have a 12 hour shift wednesday and dont want to go to work

1. John Robert Sauter

1

1

Answered . Its difficult to fully answer your question without knowing your employer and your employee status. It would be wise for you to consult with an experienced labor and employment attorney, who could advise you of your rights. It is also important to consider that you may have a cause of action against your co-worker based on the alleged assault. You can pursue a civil action against the co-worker while the criminal action action is pending.

2. James Regan

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with Mr. Sauter and Mr. Hudson. Use Avvo to find an experienced employment attorney in Richland County. Speak to several and hire the one you feel most comfortable with. It is rather curious that the company is taking the side of the offender rather than the victim. You should also call the Richland County prosecutor's office and ask for hel from the victim advocate. Good Luck.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

1

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Sauter. You should see a worker's comp attorney who also handles third party claims [if the attorney's office does not know what that means, call another attorney]
    As to the issue of "dropping charges" you do not have that option.