COMMERCIAL PROPERTY ABOUT TO BE FORCLOSED ON. I'M LOOKING AT A PROPERTY ABOUT TO GO UP FOR AUCTION.

Buffalo, NY |

CAN I PAY THE TAXES ON IT BEFORE IT GOES UP FOR AUCTION,AND CREATE MY OWN LIEN. I AM NOT THE OWNER AND THIS IS BUFFALO,N.Y.?

No, you cannot pay the taxes to stop the sale and put a lien on the property that will supersede another lien holder's interest. Why not simply buy it at the foreclosure sale?

2. If there is a tax lien sale, then you can bid. Otherwise, no.

I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.

3. I agree with the previous answer and why take a chance that your tax payment will be lost. At the tax sale you can at least be sure that you will have some ownership rights. However due diligence is the key to success in a tax sale. Get a title report, inspect the property, pay a certified building inspector and talk with the neighbors. Neighbors can be a valuable resource when bidding on tax sale property. They may give you insight you just can't get anywhere else.Set a budget and do the numbers too many times I see buyers who did not understand what they would be responsible for after the auction.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes