COMMERCIAL PROPERTY ABOUT TO BE FORCLOSED ON. I'M LOOKING AT A PROPERTY ABOUT TO GO UP FOR AUCTION.

Asked 5 months ago - Buffalo, NY

CAN I PAY THE TAXES ON IT BEFORE IT GOES UP FOR AUCTION,AND CREATE MY OWN LIEN. I AM NOT THE OWNER AND THIS IS BUFFALO,N.Y.?

1. Arthur Wemegah

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . No, you cannot pay the taxes to stop the sale and put a lien on the property that will supersede another lien holder's interest. Why not simply buy it at the foreclosure sale?

2. Mitchell Aaron Nathanson

Pro

3

1

Answered . If there is a tax lien sale, then you can bid. Otherwise, no.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

2

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answer and why take a chance that your tax payment will be lost. At the tax sale you can at least be sure that you will have some ownership rights. However due diligence is the key to success in a tax sale. Get a title report, inspect the property, pay a certified building inspector and talk with the neighbors. Neighbors can be a valuable resource when bidding on tax sale property. They may give you insight you just can't get anywhere else.Set a budget and do the numbers too many times I see buyers who did not understand what they would be responsible for after the auction.
    Good Luck