Combined verification consent and designation (corporate) and oath designation (individual) in a will from 1978 NYS? What it do?

Fairport, NY |

I found my grandfathers will from 1978 Rochester NY, there is a "combinded verification oath and designation (individual)" and that has my grandmothers name on it. Then I found a "combined verification consent and designation (corporate)" and its not filled out but it is stamped by the courts on when filed and fee paid. Could anyone tell me what they are for? I have never seen then before?

A Combined Verification, Oath and Designation is a document filed by an individual or corporate Executor when a Last Will and Testament goes through probate. My office is in Brighton. Please contact me if you need help with the probate process and administration of this estate.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Liam Gorman Brenndon Murphy

Liam Gorman Brenndon Murphy

I agree ... this is one of those times that finding a local person to actually look at the document will count for a lot!

The Verification you refer to means that the document was filed by the executor (individual or corporate) with the probate court. As suggested, you should contact Mr. Peters for a consultation on this matter, if you have further questions or concerns.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates