Colorado DORA took my license of the charge that THEY posted on the internet what can I do about it?

Denver, CO |

When in fact this is the actual final judgement;
Violations Description Points Disposition Class Code

I've checked my records and it does not show up so I don't know where they got their info but its wrong.

If a newsletter is wrong, ask them for a retraction. Good luck.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

I think your question goes a little bit deeper than just what the newsletter wrote. I agree with the above, but I think you need to look into why the newsletter has that information. It seems there are several people who had some form of disciplinary action identified in that newsletter. Typically, you are entitled to some form of due process before DORA can take disciplinary action against you. It would behoove you to contact DORA and see why they are reporting that information. Perhaps you missed something in the mail to you. It also looks like you were charged in municipal court, which doesn't have the authority to enter a felony judgment against you.

I think you should dig a bit deeper with DORA.

My answering of your question does not create an attorney - client relationship unless and until there is a written fee agreement in place formalizing our attorney - client relationship.

Mr. Contiguglia is quite right. There is an obvious lapse in the in sequence of administrative process here, but it is likely that it occurred by your failure to respond. Less likely is the potential that it occurred because of a failure of notice to you by DORA.

In all events, before your State professional license was revoked, you had a right to notice and an opportunity to answer any charges that support the proposed revocation. If you did not oppose the accusation against your license, then DORA had the right by statute to proceed on the basis of an uncontested accusation by recording a default.

If your criminal matter was later resolved differently, that will not supersede or negate the license revocation, and it may not even alter the record of the basis for revocation of the license.

At this point, your best option is to consult with a local attorney who practices professional and occupational licensing law to determine whether the matter can be re-opened for lack of due process (notice) and lack of opportunity to be heard. That procedure will require a strong affirmative showing by you. If the agency has certified mail records or other evidence that you were given notice at the address on file with DORA, you will be unlikely to carry your burden in that effort. But, if no legal notice can be established as a matter of fact, you may have an effective and meaningful opportunity to resolve this matter more favorably than it is presently.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Internet law topics

Recommended articles about Internet law