College won't let me pay in state tuition when I've lived in state my whole life.

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

The school wants to verify Texas residents by paycheck, recent high school, or fall or spring resident tuition from another school.
http://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/bursar/res...
Now I am at another college right now paying in state resident fees though I didn't attend in the spring, just fall 2011 and summer 2012. I don't have a job though my boyfriend works full time and supports me going to school. I did have a job last year and the years before so all my tax forms are for Texas. Can the school still make me pay out of state tuition when I have plenty of evidence that I have lived in Texas my whole life? Many students, jobless ones who have been out of school for a few years are very irate about this.

1. Todd Bruce Kotler

Answered . The college can make you pay whatever it thinks is due.

You have a right to appeal their determination and ought to avail your self of this administrative procedure. Be sure to include copies of all documents supporting your residency, including but not limited to taxes, utility bills, drivers licences, health club membership, etc. . . Try getting a letter of employment from your last employer verifying the dates of employment, as well.