Collecting money from ex gf

Asked almost 7 years ago - Hayward, CA

so i let my ex gf borrow use my credit card for emergency. she racked a crazy bill and she was paying it off until recently when she's been stopping payments and completely ignoring my calls. i'm taking her to small claims court this friday and i was wondering if i have a good chance at winning this case. i have evidence that payments were made and taken from her checking account for the past 6 months. she's owed me for 3 years and just stopped paying this feb when we got into an argument.

1. 2

1

Answered . You do have a good case. But make sure you pay off the credit card bill right away when you get a judgment. If you do not and the credit card company sues you, you will not be able to sue her again.

2. 1

1

Answered . Yes, probably, if you have your evidence in line. Good luck!

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now