Collect both my retirement and compensation

Davison, MI |

I don't understand why I am not able to collect my Military Retirement and my VA Compensation. I was awared 90% disabled due to exposure to Agent Orange. Yet my compensation is deducted from my retirement. That is not right. I earned my retirement. I didn't ask to be exposed to agent orange. Why are me and others not able to get our entitled retirement pay and our compensation instead of it being deducted? I realize I pay taxes on my retirement and not the compensation but big deal. I should not have to coordinate anything. I'm entitled to both amounts, without one being deducted from another. It's not right. Being penalized instead of compensated. Makes no sense at all.

1. You're not the only one this happens to.
    Just remember the powers that be come
    election time!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Employee benefits topics