Colection agency file line on my property belong to unsecure credit card debts for my wife. Property belong to me.

How I can remove that lien from my property?

Brentwood, CA -

Brian Crozier Whitaker

Brian Crozier Whitaker

Bankruptcy Attorney - San Diego, CA

More information is needed here.
What makes you believe the lien is attached to your property?
If the judgment against your wife was recorded in the county where your property is located, it would only become a lien on your property if your wife's name was on it as well.
The lien can be avoided in a BK but more info is needed to decide who should file.

Joshua Branden Swigart

Joshua Branden Swigart

Bankruptcy Attorney - San Diego, CA

This could be a violation. Contact our offices immediately for a free consultation on your righta 858 900 7342.

Kevin V.K. Crick

Kevin V.K. Crick

Bankruptcy Attorney - North Andover, MA

I agree with the other attorney's answer, you should contact a local attorney immediately.

Deborah F Bowinski

Deborah F Bowinski

Bankruptcy Attorney - Denver, CO

For a lien to be recorded the collection agency probably filed a lawsuit and obtained a hudgment. Were you named in the lawsuit? If you were, then the judgment would be against both of you.

William James Waters

William James Waters

Bankruptcy Attorney - Simi Valley, CA

California is a Community Property state. Both spouses are liable for the debts of each other. Even if only your name is on the property, it is possible your wife nonetheless has a community property interest in the property, especially if you purchased the property during the marriage. If that point was raised by the creditor in obtaining the judgment against your wife, it is possible the judgment states it is enforceable against any property she may own or any property she has an interest in (such as the community property interest in "your" property). You should start by carefully reading the judgment the creditor got against your wife and also the Abstract of Judgment that would have been recorded against your property. Even if it says it extends to community property, if you can prove the property in question is solely your separate property and is not community property (such as for property that was solely your separate property before marriage, or property that you obtain through inheritance, or any number of other reasons), then you may be able to file a motion in the court that issued the judgment, seeking removal of the lien on those grounds. You should consult with a local civil litigation or family law attorney to discuss these issues and see if there is any basis for removing the lien.

Walter C Oney Jr

Walter C Oney Jr

Bankruptcy Attorney - Fitchburg, MA

It's surely illegal to record a lien on property for someone else's debt. Since judges have to approve real estate attachments in most places (maybe not California, though -- I don't know), the credit must have lied to the court in order to get the attachment approved. Definitely consult a California consumer attorney as soon as possible.