Skip to main content

CO U.S.District Court,federal question issue,federal statute &constitution violation.Is there a Writ of Prohibition orquick writ

Denver, CO |

Violation of Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act,PKPA,28 U.S.C. 1738(A) as husband has kidnapped children thinking second in time child custody case,is against UCCJEA and PKPA,gives him the right to kidnap from another state and bring to CO. He also has a DVRO he is violating 18 U.S.C. 2265 and 2266 Violence Against Women Act, VAWA good in all 50 states. Have other state orders saying he is in violation of DVRO and PKPA and child endangerment,and have orders to pick up children pursuant to expedited order under Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act 14-13.5-102 good in 50 states.Local police will not arrest or get kids with all these orders as is local police in town and will not honor orders claiming he has custody ,though cant under PKPA,VAWA.Local Judge friend of EX no help,need Fed writ

Have given to local police and they refused to uphold the orders good in all 50 states. Made a complaint with the police dept about it, and they are not doing anything since soon Ex is Police in town. Yes he has an active restraining order on him protecting Mother and children which they stated they don't care since he is a police officer. My orders are from a different state AND the first filed,properly served by sheriff, and have full custody BEFORE he filed a second case in CO.Judge in CO KNOWS second case and other state has orders but does not care as he is helping a friend police officer. No kidding, all true. Appeal takes long time. Federal violations and want higher court to give Writ. Know this judge has friend in Appeal state court so wanted to know what is the Writ for a federal court Prohibition,Mandamus? I just see Habeaus Corpus on US website. What writ can I do in fed court?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You will not get a federal court to get involved. The US. District Court will not issue orders to a Colorado state court. The only custody cases that federal courts get involved with are international cases filed under the Hague Convention. In the American system, the federal court has no power to issue a writ ordering a state court to rule in a certain way in a custody case. They certainly will not do so on an expedited basis.

    If you can establish parental kidnapping, you can talk to the FBI. They do have the authority to enforce and prosecute such crimes in federal court. You should also consider hiring an attorney to assist you.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics