Co-sponseing AOSI-864, Can I protect my information in a sealed envelope attached to the application?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Springfield, MA

So I accepted join the petitioner in filing the I-864. However, I'd rather keep my Tax transcripts and income details confidential. Is it ok if I send them in a sealed envelope and have them enclosed the envelope with the application and supporting docs?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . You may want to mark the envelope so that its contents will be readily known to CIS.

2. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . Our office has done that before and has been successful. Even if the parties later file a Freedom of Information Act request, CIS won't release the information based on a privacy exemption.

3. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . I'm sure the parties will wish to know what they're submitting; it is their case after all.