Co-habitating in AZ for 8+ years in his house. Claims I get nothing but my clothes if I ever leave. What about gifts (jewelry)?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

Engaged, pre-nup in place but no intentions to marry. I pay for all my own expenses/bills, paid legal fees for pre-nup and would like to be reimbursed out of principle. Also, could a pre-nup be enforced even if marriage never took place? Had provisions for pay-out which increase the longer the relationship lasts. 1-3 years = $10,000, 4-7 years = $20,000, 8-10 years = $35,000 and so on.

1. Anne Brady

3

1

Answered . You can take anything you owned before you moved in with him, anything you purchased personally during the relationship and any gifts that were given to you as such by him or by anyone else. You can not enforce a prenup if marriage never took place. Not if it truly was a pre-nup. If it was an agreement on how much you would get from that date forward, based on how long you lived together, that is another matter.