Co-borrower on duplex in Rhode Island

Asked about 2 years ago - 02865

I am a co-borrower with my son in law on a property. I am on the mortgage and deed.
My daughter is not on either one. Pending divorce, Does my daughter have any interest in property or am I entitled to half and my daughter one quarter. Can I quitclaim my interest
to her after she files for separation?

1. Robert Louis Feliciani III

Answered . Your daughter's interest will depend on the divorce laws in the State of Rhode Island. You are a one-half owner of the property.

If your daughter has not already retained an attorney, I would recommend she do so. Before you change the title to the property you should inform her attorney of all pertinent facts.

I have changed the practice area to family law. This may assist you with getting more helpful suggestions.