Co. mva claims person m. personally told me" dont worry i have our own lawers and ins handling it." she never reported it

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Haven, CT

the claims adjuster called me ,angered at the late notice -two days pre-court date claiming she promised to give him info a week ago then proceeded to avoid all communication and told a dispatcher to tell me she was told our ins coverage was not going to get involved as required by law .after much legwork by myself i sent the info to the adjuster who stated m. promised to cooperate with him although she did not and refused his repeated communications. what are my options ,can the ins settle it by monday aftrnoon? do i need a local attorney? ins. co. is in arizona court in ct. can i sue m. for harrassment

1. Frank C Bartlett

Pro

2

Answered . It appears from your question that you are being sued in connection with a motor vehicle accident that occurred while you were operating a company vehicle. If that is the case, your employer's insurance company will likely have a duty to defend you in the law suit and will be hiring an attorney to do so. Even though the insurance company is in Arizona, they will be hiring a local attorney to represent you. If you were injured in this car accident then you would need to hire your own attorney to pursue any claims that you may have against the other driver, if you feel the other driver is at fault, as the attorney the insurance company hires likely will not pursue those claims on your behalf. If the other driver was not at fault, but you were injured in the accident, you may still have a valid claim for workers' compensation benefits, if you were in fact operating the vehicle during the course of your employment. It would be advisable to speak to a local attorney to review all of the details of your accident and to make a reasoned determination as to which potential course of action you should take.

By providing this answer I am not providing legal advice, nor has any attorney client relationship been formed.
  2. Max L Rosenberg

Pro

1

Answered . I am a Connecticut licensed attorney. My law firm is located in Stratford. You would be best served meeting with an attorney for an initial consultation to determine how you should best proceed and what claims you may or may not be able to make. These can be complex issue that need that assistance of council to compel your insurance to work properly.

3. Jeff Tomberg

2

Answered . hire a lawyer. the insurance company wont help you and without a lawyer helping you you wont get nearly the settlement you should

Pro

2

Answered . Bottom line is never deal with an insurance company without a lawyer...never ends well.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Robert Don Fink

Pro

1

Answered . Your post is a little difficult to follow. It seems like you notified your insurance company of the claim. If they are not doing what they are supposed to, then you should speak with a local lawyer to ensure your rights are protected.

6. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . You need an attorney ASAP!