Closed cps case

Asked over 3 years ago - Tacoma, WA

I had my daughter yesterday and had a old cps case in 2008 and closed since last year in march can cps take my daughter from me if my cps case is closed the hospital is holding my daughter till tomorrow they don't even know what going on either

the hospital called cps and told cps they think i was gonna harm my unborn daughter because my 3 other daughters went to foster care and got adopted out last year in june i only lost my parents right for this 3 girls so i don't know what the problems is i never got in trouble for abuse or neglect with my 3 other daughters and my newborn is in foster care right now for nothing the hospital said i meant harm her because of my old cps case and that i didn't bring my car seat the hospital but my mother bring the car seat a hour later then the hospital said i can't take my daughter home because cps said to hold her till they picked her up

1. Bruce Clement

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should hire an experienced attorney for a brief one hour consultation. A child cannot be held by the hospital based on a CPS case that was closed 3 years ago. Holding your child at this time would have to be based on recent information indicating abuse or neglect.

2. Yevgeny Jack Berner

Pro

Answered . Has CPS initiated a dependency case against you? Feel free to contact my office for an in-person consultation regarding this matter.

Jack Berner