Closed cps case

Tacoma, WA |

I had my daughter yesterday and had a old cps case in 2008 and closed since last year in march can cps take my daughter from me if my cps case is closed the hospital is holding my daughter till tomorrow they don't even know what going on either

the hospital called cps and told cps they think i was gonna harm my unborn daughter because my 3 other daughters went to foster care and got adopted out last year in june i only lost my parents right for this 3 girls so i don't know what the problems is i never got in trouble for abuse or neglect with my 3 other daughters and my newborn is in foster care right now for nothing the hospital said i meant harm her because of my old cps case and that i didn't bring my car seat the hospital but my mother bring the car seat a hour later then the hospital said i can't take my daughter home because cps said to hold her till they picked her up

You should hire an experienced attorney for a brief one hour consultation. A child cannot be held by the hospital based on a CPS case that was closed 3 years ago. Holding your child at this time would have to be based on recent information indicating abuse or neglect.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes

2. Has CPS initiated a dependency case against you? Feel free to contact my office for an in-person consultation regarding this matter.

Jack Berner

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Child custody topics