Skip to main content

Client charged with Felony Battery = Needs Public Defender that will listen to story - Wife was drunk and took pills -Called 911

Fort Pierce, FL |

Husband of less than a month called 911 and she was taken to hospital and than to mental facility but still the State of Florida is charging him - What canbe done???

Attorney Answers 3


I am confused if you are looking for a public defender for a friend. if you are willing and able hire a local attorney

Mark as helpful


If you hire a private criminal defense lawyer then someone will get to work right away on his behalf.

Unfortunately if you cannot hire a private lawyer then he will have to wait for his Public Defender to be assigned to his case and get out to the jail to see him.

Either way his interests will be represented and hopefully a viable defense can be created.

I hope this was helpful.

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

Mark as helpful


What can be done is that the facts will be thoroughly investigated and the criminal charges dealt with by a professional.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics