Claim with the auto insurance company

Phoenix, AZ |

I was a pedestrian hit by a car, I filled a claim with the auto insurance, now whats next, what kind of questions should I expect from my insurance adjuster apart from the accident details.
If the fault is partly mine, and the auto insurance covers only a part of my bills,
will my health insurance cover the remaining part. I have aetna student health insurance and this is a clause under exclusions-
Expenses for injuries sustained as the result of a motor vehicle accident, to the extent that benefits are payable under other valid and collectible insurance, whether or not claim is made for such benefits. The Policy will only pay for those losses, which are not payable under the automobile medical payment insurance Policy

You really should hire a lawyer to represent you. Do not talk with an insurance adjuster or investigator before you consult with an experienced attorney. There may be coverage available to pay for your medical bills (in part) that are due whether or not you were at fault or partly at fault. You cannot rely on the insurance adjuster to advise you. He or she is not "your adjuster". They work for the insurance company. Consult an experienced lawyer in your area now. Don't wait.

Do not be fooled by the insurance company that you do not need a lawyer. Recoveries on consistently larger when an attorney is involved. Contact a local personal injury attorney before proceeding.

I wish you the best of luck.

If you found this helpful I would appreciate your clicking the "thumbs up" below.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

The other contributors are correct. You almost certainly cannot know what the insurance company knows. It is the rare situation where someone should not have a professional on their side. Good luck.

A lawyer will do this on a contingency fee basis and get you proper compensation.