Civil Suit Against College

Artesia, CA |

If I was sexually abused by the campus police and received discrimination towards my religion and ethnicity is it possible to do a civil suit against my community college?

Sue the campus police officer and his department (if it is part of the school)

Yes, it's entirely possible. Note, all civil lawsuits have a time frame wherein should you sit on your rights too long, you may not be able to bring an action, as it may be forever banned. In suing a public entity that period is especially short. Contact someone who handles discrimination and civil rights claims NOW.

Absolutely. Contact an education attorney in your area and review all the facts and circumstances to determine if you have sufficient grounds to bring a case.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.