Civil Suit Against College

Asked over 1 year ago - Artesia, CA

If I was sexually abused by the campus police and received discrimination towards my religion and ethnicity is it possible to do a civil suit against my community college?

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

Answered . Yes, it's entirely possible. Note, all civil lawsuits have a time frame wherein should you sit on your rights too long, you may not be able to bring an action, as it may be forever banned. In suing a public entity that period is especially short. Contact someone who handles discrimination and civil rights claims NOW.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Sue the campus police officer and his department (if it is part of the school)

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Absolutely. Contact an education attorney in your area and review all the facts and circumstances to determine if you have sufficient grounds to bring a case.