Civil rights v. State of Georgia and a county for prosecuting me for murder and then dropping it right before trial?

Atlanta, GA |

Suggested here for me to repost hopefully to a civil rights attorney. Charged with murder a long time ago . I didn't do it , but they had to blame somebody I guess . Somebody in jail said I did it . Kept me worried about it for years . Had to get public defender . Case seemed to go away sometime way back when . Then before this last election time , boom out of the blue sky it comes up again . Went on for about two years last go round , I am recalled to court . Then after a lot of hoopla its dismissed last year prior to trial , no agreement , no plea , just dropped . Can I sue or just be happy I didn't have to go through with the trial ? What are my damages ? Lot of head scratching going on over this question , trying to answer it myself . My civil rights violated? A 1983? Federal?

The decision on whether to charge a crime or not is entirely within the discretion of the state's attorney. There is no statute of limitations on murder.

Take a deep breath and be grateful that your charges were dropped. You can also have the fact that you were ever charged with the crime expunged.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights