Civil lawyer to sue cps.

Martinsburg, WV |
Filed under: Civil rights

help we need help now we have been contanstly harrassed by cps over and over again for allegations that were already investgate closed up and they still want to come in again and reinvestgate the same allegations. Hubby has no job and they have us over a barrel please if anyone knows of one that will take our case probono please email me at ntcmoms06@aol.com
thank you.

Unfortunately, this forum is not used for attorney solicitation. However, you can try to find a local attorney by using Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" tool above.

This attorney is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

Contact either Legal Aid of WV or the WV State Bar to seek pro bono or low costs legal help. Both can be found online. CPS cases are very complicated and always have many sides to them, especially if there is repeat activity as you claim. You may in fact have grounds for action against CPS, but just for clarity in terminology, a civil rights claim will not be one of them unless you can prove its actions are discriminatory because you are a member of a protected class.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

But the problem is they continue to bully their way into our household and it isn't right.

Thomas J Callahan

Thomas J Callahan

I urge you to consult either of the two resources I gave you. It isn't right IF there are no good faith reasons for suspicions. With resources stretched thin, I am surprised they would persist IF nothing is there. I can only surmise that they have a reason. I also do not think they can "bully" into your house without a police officer, but cooperation, however inconvenient, is usually the better option.

Legal aid wont help we have contacted them and they dont take on cases involving cps. Bully their way into our house by making comments about we will make sure you dont get custody of your grandson and i can't tell you what the allegations are if you dont let me in to talk to you all we have continue to be complient to them but i have had enough. They continue to investagate allegations that have been already investagate and cases closed. They tell us they have a court order but never show one and when we go to the court house there is no record of a court order. My teenage daughter is the one that calls cause we dont like her new boyfriend and wont allow him over our house anymore. They refuse to except medical records on her bipolar issues. the doctors have said she is making the stuff up and they want to continue to harrass us but i'm done with them so next time they come knocking on our door they better have a good excuse and a court order.

Thomas J Callahan

Thomas J Callahan

Absolutely insist on a court order, and politely ask them to leave. You may want to think about going over the case worker's head, and complaining to hire ups in CPS, or enlist the aid of your State Delegate's or Senator's office.

That sounds like a plan

Civil rights topics