Civil lawyer to sue cps.

Martinsburg, WV |

help we need help now we have been contanstly harrassed by cps over and over again for allegations that were already investgate closed up and they still want to come in again and reinvestgate the same allegations. Hubby has no job and they have us over a barrel please if anyone knows of one that will take our case probono please email me at ntcmoms06@aol.com
thank you.

1. Unfortunately, this forum is not used for attorney solicitation. However, you can try to find a local attorney by using Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" tool above.

This attorney is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship.

2. Contact either Legal Aid of WV or the WV State Bar to seek pro bono or low costs legal help. Both can be found online. CPS cases are very complicated and always have many sides to them, especially if there is repeat activity as you claim. You may in fact have grounds for action against CPS, but just for clarity in terminology, a civil rights claim will not be one of them unless you can prove its actions are discriminatory because you are a member of a protected class.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

Civil rights topics