Civil demand letter from Micheal Ira Asen. Walmart shoplifting

Peoria, IL |

May 5th me and my friend got caught shoplifting at Walmart we are both 18. I took 32 dollars and he took 20 something worth of Yu-gi-oh cards the police were called and we were both put into a Deferered Prosecution program. I sorta understand the concept of the Civil demand letter, but not entirely. Also I have about 6 letters from walmart about paying a $300 in Civil recovery and a week ago i received another civil recovery letter from a law firm in New york(stated in title) What does this mean are they really going to sue? please i am confused and need help It was one of the biggest mistakes we have ever made and we are trying to put it behind us and make and pay our way through college. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God Bless

Dont pay it.

Without intricate legal procedural acts to draft a complaint, file, appear, pay fees, draft summons, delver them and obtain an eventual order for damages this Letter is just a scantily veiled form of legitimate ransom. Toss in in the garbage.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Wait until they ACTUALLY file suit. Until then, I would not worry.