Civil Appeal to Nevada Supreme Court

Las Vegas, NV |

The Supreme Court denied my appeal because it was premature. Another words we don't have a final judgment yet. Can I file another appeal once we do have a final judgment?

You can appeal certain interlocutory issues or request extraordinary writs before a final judgment, but Nevada Rules of Appellate Procedure 3 and 4 generally governs the timing for appeals following a final judgment. You should review those rules to determine if/when the timing starts; otherwise, you should consult with an attorney for further guidance.

The information contained on this site is in no way intended to be offered as legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship between Michael B. Lee, P.C. and yourself. You should not use or rely upon the information on this site in any material way without consulting an attorney licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction. The information contained on this site is general in nature and may not be applicable or accurate when appplied to your specific situation. By your use of this site, you specifically release, indemnify and hold harmless Michael B. Lee, P.C. from any and all claims arising from your use of this site.

Perhaps I did not state my question properly. An appeal has already been filed and denied on defect and not on the merits. Can a second appeal be filed in the same case when the time is right?

Excellent answer. When appealing an interlocutory order after a final order has been issued, how do you word the Notice of Appeal? Appeal from Interlocutory Order or Appeal from Final Order and then reference the interlocutory issue? Thanks.

The short answer is yes. Based upon the information you provided it sounds like your case is on-going in the trial court. Once there is a final judgment, then you may file your appeal. However, Mr. Lee's statements are also correct.

If you found this information helpful, please click the up arrow below. Please note I am only licensed to practice law in Nevada and remember that my response is simply a comment to your the law related question. My comments and postings are NOT legal advice or opinions. Additionally, my comments and postings to your question and/or my follow up comments and postings do NOT create an attorney-client relationship between us. You cannot rely upon what I have written, because: (1) I do not have all of the information or facts which are needed to advise you or render an opinion; and (2) my comments are not legal advise and are not meant to be acted upon as legal advise. If you would like to obtain legal advice from me, then you need to hire me as your attorney. Thereafter, then we would review documents, evidence, and facts, in order to provide you with legal advice.