Civil Appeal to Nevada Supreme Court

Asked almost 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

The Supreme Court denied my appeal because it was premature. Another words we don't have a final judgment yet. Can I file another appeal once we do have a final judgment?

1. Michael Brian Lee

1

1

Answered . You can appeal certain interlocutory issues or request extraordinary writs before a final judgment, but Nevada Rules of Appellate Procedure 3 and 4 generally governs the timing for appeals following a final judgment. You should review those rules to determine if/when the timing starts; otherwise, you should consult with an attorney for further guidance.

2. Matthew T. Cecil

1

1

Answered . The short answer is yes. Based upon the information you provided it sounds like your case is on-going in the trial court. Once there is a final judgment, then you may file your appeal. However, Mr. Lee's statements are also correct.