Skip to main content

City employment wrongful termination case small town scandal. help union reps and city manager together violating labor laws

Jackson, CA |

a series of labor laws and employee rights have been violated leading to the wrongful termination of a ca. city employee. even worse the local public employee union reps and the city manager are working together in expiring timelines to file grieve, as well as violating all negotiations bylaws. literally washing my case down the river to no hope. help small town officials out of control

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Employees often allege that the union is selling them out. I suppose that sometimes they are right. But no one can evaluate the legal issues raised by that allegation in the absence of facts that support that conclusion and a plain statement of why the union would do that. Over a span of almost 40 years, I have worked for years as a union official in a huge municipal employees' union; as a manager in a huge highly-politicized City; and worked as a legal advisor to both unions and employers -- also as an arbitrator, mediator, fact-finder, legal advisor to all of those and to various employee relations agencies, and presided as Administrative Law Judge on numerous claims and cases involving public employees, employers, union, and employment issues. I have never seen an instance of improper "selling out" by the union. So, all that can be offered here is the obvious: the question: as to why would the union do that? what's in it for the union? And the advice, lay it all out for a skilled and experienced attorney who can dig deep into your allegations for factual support and confirmation.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


You really haven't posted a question or any facts. It sounds like you are really trying to use this forum to find an attorney, but that's not its real function. You can use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find an employment law attorney in your area. Also, here’s a link to the California Employment Lawyers Association website where you can search for an employment law attorney. CELA attorneys specialize in representing employees and many offer free consultations. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


You ask no question so there is nothing to answer. However, this post sounds like you have a great deal of conjecture about motives that are going to be very difficult to prove. Furthermore, you make very broad conclusions. Before you get too worked up about this, you need to locate and consult with an experienced employment law attorney as soon as possible to explore your facts and determine your options. I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


Consult with a labor lawyer. Good luck!

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer