City bus hit my vehicle I pulled over bus did not. I had been drinking and got charged with falsifying police report.

Culver City, CA |
Filed under: Criminal charges

I had been drinking and my car was hit by a city bus. I has got some bad advice to say my car got stolen so i could give my insurance aoloce report ro fix my car. i went to the police station they knew i wa lying and charged me with falsifying a police report. I went to file the real police report but was told one had already been filed by the bus driver. What happened was I was driving in my lane, the bus switched lanes And hit me, I pulled over and the bus did not. So I left my car there and did not want to get the police report right away bc I as been drinking and did not want to get a 2nd DUI. Now, I do not know what to tell my insurance company bc what if I say I did not make a report which is true, then later when my court case comes up i get charged with a hit And run.

If you want to be covered by your insurance, you have to tell the truth. You have a duty to cooperate. However, no one wants you to admit to a crime. Best to get an attorney BEFORE you make any statement to anyone, including your insurance co.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Thank you

Anthony Michael Solis

Anthony Michael Solis

Good luck. I've done these false report cases. They are taken seriously. Don't talk to anyone before hiring an attorney.

May I contact you?

Anthony Michael Solis

Anthony Michael Solis

you may

Anthony Michael Solis

Anthony Michael Solis

Any time.

the First thing you should do is immediately stop posting your confessions online. The second thing you should do is contact a lawyer that handles criminal defense cases.

Thank you

Get counsel involved immediately. Many of us on Avvo provide a free consultation. I know as a former prosecutor in Los Angeles County that these offenses are taken seriously.

Thank you

I will be contacting you as soon as I am off work, as I work nights, sometime tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again for your response.

Dan Eugene Chambers

Dan Eugene Chambers

Sounda good. Have a mice evening.

"Now, I do not know what to tell my insurance company"

Why talk to them? Look at them as if they were the police.

If you talk to the police, you can get into trouble.

If you talk to the police and have involuntary bodily function it can count as an admission= (see Salinas v. Texas)

Hire a lawyer. Talk only to your lawyer.

Enjoy the 4th and 5th amendments, they won't be here much longer.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

Unfortunately I went into the station which is where I got charged with falsifying the report. I am definitely contacting an attorney about my charge. Now I am out of jail and do not know what to do about my car. Thank you for your response.