Citizenship Test Passed: But "No Decision Can be Made Yet" - checked as x

Hopkins, MN |
Filed under: Citizenship test

This is really confusing... i passed the test yet the IO placed "x" on Decision cannot be made" I was expecting "recommend for approval" on the spot.

Few things happened during the interview: on the application I checked married though not married according to US rule (no certificate yet). she changed to single.

I apparently made a mistake on the question of "have you ever lied to IO" I wrote "no" because I never personally lied but the answer was "yes" - because when i originally entered I had illegal documents but when I applied for asylum - i told the IO everything "the truth". So anyway, she said, going back to first time you came - well then I told her the answer would be yes.....any negative impact? she also said "next step is oath ceremony" - is this procedural delay or more "no"?

1. It means exactly what it says, that on the day of the interview, a decision could not be made. Whether your case will eventually be approved or denied depends on the facts.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. I agree, there are a number of issues present here. You say you were married but no certificate yet "according to US rule." What does this mean? Not clear. You should definitely consult an immigration attorney.

3. I agree. Contact an experienced immigration attorney who can examine the facts of your case and provide a legal opinion as to what options you have.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.