Citizenship revocation

My husband is going to lose his US citizenship for immigration fraud. I got my green card and citizenship through him. Will I also lose my citizenship if he loses his, since he is the one who sponsored me?

Paterson, NJ -

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Possibly

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

It is possible, if you immigrated as a derivative and he was not entitled to the visa as the primary visa beneficiary.

Harry Asatrian

Harry Asatrian

Immigration Attorney - Paramus, NJ

Taking away someone's U.S. citizenship is not so easy. It will depend on many factors including your complicity or lack there of for one. I strongly urge that you seek immigration counsel with experience in complex immigration litigation to protect your rights under the law. Good luck!

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Immigration Attorney - Worcester, MA

Unfortunately, yes, because he will be deemed not to have had the requisite status to petition you as an immediate relative.

Related Advice