Citizenship revocation

Paterson, NJ |

My husband is going to lose his US citizenship for immigration fraud. I got my green card and citizenship through him. Will I also lose my citizenship if he loses his, since he is the one who sponsored me?

1. It is possible, if you immigrated as a derivative and he was not entitled to the visa as the primary visa beneficiary.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Possibly

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. Unfortunately, yes, because he will be deemed not to have had the requisite status to petition you as an immediate relative.

4. Taking away someone's U.S. citizenship is not so easy. It will depend on many factors including your complicity or lack there of for one. I strongly urge that you seek immigration counsel with experience in complex immigration litigation to protect your rights under the law. Good luck!