Citizenship revocation

Asked over 1 year ago - Paterson, NJ

My husband is going to lose his US citizenship for immigration fraud. I got my green card and citizenship through him. Will I also lose my citizenship if he loses his, since he is the one who sponsored me?

1. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . Possibly

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . It is possible, if you immigrated as a derivative and he was not entitled to the visa as the primary visa beneficiary.

3. Harry Asatrian

1

Answered . Taking away someone's U.S. citizenship is not so easy. It will depend on many factors including your complicity or lack there of for one. I strongly urge that you seek immigration counsel with experience in complex immigration litigation to protect your rights under the law. Good luck!

4. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

2

Answered . Unfortunately, yes, because he will be deemed not to have had the requisite status to petition you as an immediate relative.