Citizenship by naturalization

Asked about 2 months ago - Houston, TX

In 2013 (21yrsold) I was charge with shoplifting but after a year of PTD my case was dismissed. Do I have to want another 5yrs to file for citizenship or can I file now because my green card expires in 2017

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

4

Answered . I am changing your practice area to immigration so you can get answers from lawyers in that area.

2. Mekisha Jane Walker

3

Answered . Yes, you need to re-post in immigration.

3. Andrew John Bartlett

3

Answered . First go see an immigration attorney and take your court papers. Different USCIS offices have different policies on how to handle the five year good moral character requirement. Its also important that you check there are no other red flags - even ones that you are not aware of. Your residency doesn't expire in 2017. Just that you will need to renew the card, and that's an extra cost. Good luck!