Citizenship based on marriage, N-400 application

Asked about 2 years ago - Boston, MA

Hello. I'm preparing my N-400 for Citizenship based on my marriage. I have a question about the supporting documents. I checked the checklist. They give different options or the 3 years of tax transcripts, and I have
1- Tax returns and transcripts for only the last 2 years since the first year we were not required to file
2- Joint bank account
3- A birth certificate of our son
4- Lease of out apartment(the lease itself expired but we are still living in the same address, at will)
5- A copy of my drivers license insurance having out names

What do you think I should send from these? They ask for 3 years tax transcripts.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please see the answer to your other question.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Sending all is ok.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This is a duplicate question.

    Our best advice remains: Go and meet with an attorney.

    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law -

    Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on any website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking action.

    Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

    Capriotti International Law

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,451 answers this week

3,156 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,451 answers this week

3,156 attorneys answering