Citizenship application denied

Asked over 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I claimed US Citizenship in job application. Now it is little over two years since the deniel.
Is there any lawyer can help me? Whoever I talk to, say dont apply, even dont go out of country, you may not be allowed to get back. Is that true?
I had no idea, that you are not a citizen yet until you take the oath. Worse moment is that my citizenship interview was on Monday, and I did the federal job aplication on Saturday, thinking, by the time employer will read my resume, I will become a citizen on Monday morning. Of course, now that is not important, but I was wondering if ANY lawyer exist who can help me. please

1. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . You will not be charged as inadmissible [under INA 212(a)(6)(c)(ii)] because that section of the Immigration and Nationality Act only applies "for falsely representing yourself as a US citizen for the purpose of obtaining any benefit under the INA". However, that may affect you "good moral character" for naturalization purposes during the five year statutory period.

I suggest that you get help from an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . This is a complicated area of the law and it depends upon if the claim to citizenship resulted in your receiving a benefit under the Immigration and Nationality Act. However, your fact pattern is not realy clear as you mention a denial, but then refer to expecting to get sworn-in on Monday morning. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case and advise you how best to proceed.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com

3. Robert West

Answered . Have you spoken with a lawyer in your town?