Citizenship acceptance ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Des Moines, IA

I once got a traffic ticket ( failure to maintain control ), because I fell asleep for a second while driving and I ditched my car. So cop came and gave me a ticket of 195$.

So I have some questions regarding my case.

1. Do I need to answer yes to question number ( 15, 16, 17, 18 ) of for N-400 ?

2. After reading the form I am under the impression that these questions are a judge of your good moral character, so answering them yes would go in my favor. So my next

question is that in case my application gets denied because of this crime record against me, would my green card ( 10 year validity , which I received before this accident )

also stand cancelled ? or How would it effect my future renewal of green card ?

3. If my application is not accepted how early and how often can I keep applying for citizenship ? and do I need to pay fees again and again ?

1. Gabriela Monserrat Lopez Arcos

Answered . Honesty is always the best policy when dealing with USCIS. You should submit and explanation of the circumstances surrounding the ticket and any evidence you may have regarding your compliance. It is unlikely that your application would be denied based on a traffic violation so long as you disclose the information.

This will have no effect on your green card, so long as this is your only interaction with law enforcement and you have no other criminal convictions. A criminal conviction could lead to you being placed in removal proceedings and being deported. If you have to reapply then you will have to pay the fee again. Talk to an attorney in your area if you have any more questions.

Gabriela M. Lopez, Esq.
    www.landerholmlawoffice.com

2. Lalita Haran

Answered . Naturalization application places your entire immigration history for review before the officers and should not be taken lightly. You consult a experienced lawyer if you want to know whether your application would be denied. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel, IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com