CITIZENSHIP

New York, NY |

Am ready for apply for citizenship , I will apply on March but confuse about that you have to mention every time that you was out of USA , I lost most of my passports and won't be able to apply because of that situation , or you only have to mention how many times you was out of the USA in the last 5 years ?

You must provide the dates to the best of your recollection.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You have to be as forthcoming as you humanly can. You have to put in all your travel for the last five years but they may ask for other travel.

Just answer to the best of your recollection and epxlain you lost your prior passport

They are most interested in the last five years because there are certain limits that you can not exceed in terms of how long you have been out of the US during that time (for example if you were out of the US for 6 months or more total during those five years you may not qualify).

You will need to provide as much detail as possible about each exit and entry in and out of the US during those last five years. You can explain that you lost your passport and provide this information to the best of your recollection.

You should consult and retain an immigration lawyer. Some people apply for naturalization and end up in Removal proceedings. Don't go it alone when there are so many immigration lawyers out there who can help you. Plus, many of us offer a free consultation. Immigration law is complex and the stakes are high. If you value your status in the U.S., use an immigration lawyer. Good luck to you.
---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.