Citizenship - How can I request a private Swear In / Oath Ceremony when becoming a Citizen

Is there a form I have to fill out, I read on a forum someone had this done you have to ask a judge to do it and uscis have to grant it, but how do I go about doing this?

Naples, FL -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Do you have issued with some of your religious believes vis. a vis. language of the Oath?

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

Private ceremonies are only done in very unusual and exigent circumstances, generally when the applicant is physically incapacitated and unable to attend a regular ceremony. The fact that you want to "speed up" the process so you can petition for your mother is not a sufficient reason. Everyone wants things to go faster then they do.

Norma Lorenzo

Norma Lorenzo

Immigration Attorney - Coral Gables, FL

Hello hope that you are well. These are rarely given. You need to have a good reason for it. Best of luck!

C. C. Abbott

C. C. Abbott

Immigration Attorney - Fort Myers, FL

You can contact the Federal District Court in Fort Myers and request a private oath ceremony but as my colleagues have stated that is a very subjective decision as USCIS and a Federal Judge would have to both agree to the process. In very specific situation, it has been done but it is a case by case determination.

Related Advice