Skip to main content

Citizenship - How can I request a private Swear In / Oath Ceremony when becoming a Citizen

Naples, FL |

Is there a form I have to fill out, I read on a forum someone had this done you have to ask a judge to do it and uscis have to grant it, but how do I go about doing this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Do you have issued with some of your religious believes vis. a vis. language of the Oath?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



no i just want the speed up the process so i can file for my mom because if i have to wait for the ceremony i might have to wait for months since my city only does it once or twice a year i think.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


Requesting private ceremony will make you wait forever to get it.


Private ceremonies are only done in very unusual and exigent circumstances, generally when the applicant is physically incapacitated and unable to attend a regular ceremony. The fact that you want to "speed up" the process so you can petition for your mother is not a sufficient reason. Everyone wants things to go faster then they do.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


Hello hope that you are well. These are rarely given. You need to have a good reason for it. Best of luck!


You can contact the Federal District Court in Fort Myers and request a private oath ceremony but as my colleagues have stated that is a very subjective decision as USCIS and a Federal Judge would have to both agree to the process. In very specific situation, it has been done but it is a case by case determination.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer