Citizen parents want to apply for child's US passport.

Asked 5 months ago - Fremont, CA

My spouse and I became US Citizen five years ago, My daughter who is 17 now came to the US last year. Now i want to apply for her passport and passport office want us to show proof that she is our daughter, I sent her birth certificate( in my country we don't put mother's name) and they didn't excepted? I am totally lost? what should I show to show my relation to her.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

Answered . Hire a lawyer and quit presiding in the "lost" state. It is complicated.

2. Athina Karamanlis Powers

Pro

1

Answered . I need more info for your case. But you need a lawyer to explain the cultural differences and you can establish legally that this is your daughter. Serious question is HOW she came in the country

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Answered . If your daughter entered on a non immigrant visa, you may not be able to get her U.S. passport by applying at the post office.

4. Katja Anneli Charlotta Hedding

Pro

1

Answered . In order for you to get the correct answer in you specific case you will need to provide a lot more information. Please consult an immigration attorney.