Cited for failure to stop to avoid an accident; can I get this not to be on my record? Can I get traffic school or a warning?

Asked about 1 year ago - Glenview, IL

I was the third car into a three car rear-end accident and was cited of rfailure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. No injuries reported and the accident was in a high traffic area (not speeding). Had initial court date on 11-June-13 and the driver of the middle vehichle appeared in court (he is upset he'll lose his insurance deductible given he has been deemed 50% at fault given he hit the front car first). I was told by the officer on-site that nobody would show in court and I'd get my license back. Given I saw the other driver there, I asked for and was given a continuance. I have phone records to prove I was not on the phone and am working to get a statement from the front driver.

1. Joseph Andrew Brabender IV

Pro

7

Answered . You should hire a traffic lawyer to deal with the citation.

Your insurance should take care of any property damage to the vehicles involved.

2. Burton A. Padove

Pro

6

Answered . Yes it may be possible, depending on a number of circumstances that are best not discussed in a public setting. You should contact an attorney who is located near the court where your case will be heard. Hew or she will know what the practices are in the judge's courtroom and also what the prosecutor is likely to do. Good luck.

3. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

5

Answered . Hire a traffic lawyer and report this to your insurer

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

Pro

5

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it.

One or more answers have been taken down.